Some say it is the journey that matters and not the destination. We would add that this is twice as meaningful if during a long travel you have a sensation of heaviness or swelling in the legs. Here you can find some useful tips to help you feel more comfortable.
Travelling can be very pleasant, but if it is long, no matter whether by car, bus, train or plane, the legs get swollen. The reason for this is the immobilization which contributes
to congestion of the blood in the veins. Besides causing discomfort, the swelling leads to an increased risk of development of varicose veins or thrombophlebitis complication (venous inflammation and thrombus formation) in already existing thrombosis.
During long travel use every opportunity to move around:
- Walk around. Stand up from you place at least once every hour during flight.
- If you are driving, stop every 1-2 hours and make a short walk.
- If you have to be sitting, move your legs from time to time.
- Sit comfortably and do not cross you legs during travel.
- Bend your ankles and press you legs to the seat in front of you.
When travelling for over 6 hours:
- Avoid tight fitting clothes.
- Drink enough liquids to avoid dehydration.
- Stretch the lower part of the legs at least once every hour.
They also say that a man is a man when on the road. So, be at ease and happy and think only about the nice experiences waiting for you.
More leg care
Cedralex is a dermocosmetic product – a re-energizing cream containing extract Corsican citron fruit and menthol with triple action. The cream provides instant relief of the sensation of heaviness and tiredness in the legs.